The weather has been so beautiful this past week it got me feeling all sunny myself and so I thought a happy positive post was in order…. I also thought I could do with a top mummy moments post just for me to refer back to on those less fab mummy days! Let’s be honest there are plenty of those too…
I am now 7 summers into my allotted 18 with my eldest and my twins are 3 which means that according to the theory I have just 15 summers left with my children. I still holiday with my parents so you never know I might get more, but still it is not a lot. Honestly, I think that is just a way of adding on the pressure to parents so I don’t worry about my number of summers too much. However, if you do think about it we should try to enjoy the moments as the time when they are little does fly past. So I have been thinking about some of the best bits of being their mummy.
Here are my top 13 mummy moments so far:
- The first time I held my eldest after the sheer shock of the rather complicated birth passed… I could have happily stayed in that moment forever
- The first time my eldest met his little brother
- When my younger son started to say ‘night night’ and wave to me. It was just so adorable
- When my baby girl was allowed home from hospital after time in the NICU and special care
- The first time one of the girls waved at me. She has always been a little delayed with the old milestones and so we were waiting for this one and she kindly obliged on my 40th birthday
- Teaching my boys to ride a bike and seeing their faces when they realised they were riding without stabilisers
- The other day when my daughter said she couldn’t do something and I encouraged her to try again. Her little face as she exclaimed ‘I did it mummy’ was priceless and the fact that she said a sentence was also a triumph as she has a speech delay
- Watching all the assemblies and nativity plays it is just such a joy seeing them succeed and be confident enough to deliver their lines and be part of the plays
- Believe it or not – night time feeds. It is hard work, but those times when it was just me and the baby or babies are really special to me and in some ways I miss it
- The first time I was allowed to hold my daughter when she was in the NICU
- Whenever they give me a cuddle just because….
- Lazy family afternoons where we decide not to do anything and just hang out at home and all cuddle up on the sofa to watch a movie. Perfect mummy moment
- Watching all four of them play a game together and seeing them laugh together. Clearly the harmony never lasts as siblings will squabble, but for that moment it is just perfection and worth every bit of stress caused by having 4 littles close together
So now I am off to start my mummy day which will involve ferrying the boys to various parties, cooking, washing and cuddling littles, but who knows maybe we will make another moment to add to the list today….
What are your top parenting moments?
Do leave me a comment and let me know.
I am going to be coming back to my list lots – every time I feel like I might scream as everyone is being so difficult I will pop back here to remind myself that being their mummy is amazing.