Tomorrow is back to school day after the holidays and apart from not jumping for joy at the thought of getting 4 littles up and out by 8:40am for the school run. I have often said that I love the school holidays and now that they are coming to an end I feel a bit blurgh this evening. I have spent today sticking in name labels, organising bags and PE kits and I am done. The kids don’t seem that excited about the return to school which hopefully means they have had a good summer. I know I have! It has been really fun, but this past week we have for sure all been getting on one another’s nerves. Nonetheless I will miss lots about those little loons when they head into school tomorrow.
8 things I will miss about my boys
- The noise – I am sure my neighbours won’t miss it, but I will. I love the chaos and the noise of them all playing together. That is until I don’t and it starts to make my head hurt but it will be painfully quiet without the boys
- The behaviour – my boys behave better during the holidays. Sometimes I think they do too much during term time and are just tired so tend to act up and then in the school holidays that goes away. They relax so much that I feel like we get the real them. I also think they use up a lot of energy trying not to say bum bum head and so they can’t control it once they get home.
- The variety – I want to take advantage of the holidays and so we tend to do lots of different things and I have always hated doing the same thing each day so the routine of the school run gets me down a bit. I love that feeling of waking up, looking out of the window and then deciding what to do – this holidays the weather has been unbelieveable so I will also miss all that outdoor time.
- My entertainments managers – the boys are great at coming up with games and getting their sisters involved. I just love watching them all play together. When the four of them are running around pretending to be aliens or moving statues (I didn’t get that one either!) and all clearly having a great time it makes every bit of stress of a large family more than worth it
- A slower pace of life – having some time to breathe has been amazing and I will miss that once we start rushing to all of the various activities that each little wants to do
- A morning cuddle – I am really going to miss our morning cuddles. The four littles have been piling up to our bed and watching cartoons on Milkshake each morning before we head down for breakfast and it has been so cute and I’m not going to lie I have often dozed off for a little nap so I feel very refreshed after getting more sleep
- One to one time – I am blessed to have my parents near by and willing to come and help out. During the holidays this means I can have one to one time with each of the littles and especially the boys as of course they are usually at school. It was lovely to be able to do fun things with each one of them and I will miss that once homework and activities kick in again.
- Chatting – I find that in the holidays the boys do way more chatting and I feel like I get more insight into their lives and thoughts on the world. That time is really special to me and I miss it during term time when they come out of school and when asked about their day all I get was ‘it was good’. It is like they use up all their thoughts and words during the day. Their teachers get the benefits of hearing their thoughts – I suppose they do all the work so it is only fair, but still I miss it
So I sit here this evening bracing myself for the battle that will be tomorrow morning. I hate the school run with all of my being so I am never feeling positive about it. I have been working on getting more organised so we will see if that helps, but I will probably need to reread this list before I get them up in the morning so I remember all of the stuff I love when I am ready to lose it!!
Featured Dream Team Blogger