We have been busy preparing for Valentines Day with crafts galore. These are suitable for doing with preschoolers and make a great fun way to spend a chilly or rainy afternoon.
3D Valentines Cards
We used white card stock, 1 piece of black card (red might be better but we were all out), glitter card, pva glue, red and silver glitter
- Take a blank card
- Cut out a large heart from your plain card
- Fold heart shape in half and put glue on the line
- Stick the heart onto the card ensuring the sides remain standing up away from the card base
- Put glue onto the heart and then cover with red and silver glitter – let the kids go wild!!
- Cut smaller hearts out of the glitter card and repeat glue process to create the 3D effect. We did 3 hearts but you could do more or less
- Leave to dry
Tissue Paper Flowers
- You will need a pipe cleaner, a small Pom Pom, tissue paper and scissors
- Take a square of tissue paper fold it in half and cut out semi circles so when you open it you would have circles
- Cut a small v into the fold
- Wrap the top of the pipe cleaner around the Pom Pom to secure it
- Thread the tissue paper onto the pipe cleaner and squeeze each one at the base to give texture.
- You can then tie them together into a bunch and give to grandma or mummy