Being pregnant is an awesome experience and if you are here because you are currently pregnant then huge congratulations! Perhaps you are here because a friend or relative is pregnant and you want something to write in a card and if so, we have some fantastic pregnancy quotes for you. Or maybe you are having a tricky day and just need a positive and inspirational pregnancy quote or a funny pregnancy quote for Instagram.
So, whether it is to express your feelings, give a morale boost or just for your pregnancy announcement then we have you covered so enjoy and if you share any of these quotes on Instagram then tag @navigatingbaby and I will share on my stories for you.
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
INSPIRATIONAL PREGNANCY QUOTES
This section is all about celebrating your pregnancy and the amazing female body. These inspirational pregnancy quotes will uplift you on those trickier days and just give you all the feels throughout your pregnancy. I have created some images that you are welcome to use for social media too. Tag in @navigatingbaby and I will share to my stories. You might want to give us a follow too as our page is all about navigating the motherhood journey.
- Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies – Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
2. Feeling fat lasts nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever – Nikki Dalton
3. A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone – Unknown
4. Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch – E. B. White
5. There is no other organ quite like the uterus. If men had such an organ, they would brag about it. So should we – ‘Ina May’s Guide To Childbirth’
6. Of course I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality ― Christine Feehan
7. When I found out I was pregnant, I was overcome with pure happiness. No periods for nine months, and that’s a reason to celebrate – unknown
8. It is important to keep in mind that our bodies must work pretty well, or there wouldn’t be so many humans on the planet – ‘Ina May’s Guide To Childbirth’
9. Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God – Larry Barretto.
10. It’s an established fact. Some women can’t stand being pregnant, getting big and bloated, and hauling around a giant stomach, and some women, for reasons probably understood by Darwin, love it – Rich Cohen
11. There is something very beautiful about being pregnant – Chrissy Teigen
12. Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body – Elizabeth Stone
13. Lucky is the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star – Larry Barretto
14. A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die – Mary Mason.
In your arms for 3 years… I am not sure about that. I think you get more than 3 years of having them in your arms. Maybe not all the time and certainly they become less dependant, but my eldest is 10 and still requires a huge amount of cuddles; which is lovely as his mummy. Still I do like this quote very much.
15. Expecting a baby is just the beginning, there are so many precious moments to look forward to as your baby grows – unknown
16.That first pregnancy is a long sea journey to a country where you don’t know the language – Emily Perkins.
If you ask me it is somewhere where you don’t know the language, the locals aren’t very helpful and everything makes you want to pee or gives you heartburn… We got you covered though with our pregnancy survival kit that contains all those things you need to make your life easier when you are pregnant and to help you navigate your way through this strange, but marvellous time in your life.
17. Being pregnant shouldn’t make you feel less of a woman, but more of a woman! – Julia Restoin Roitfeld.
18. Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body – Amy Adams
19. Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same – Catherine Jones
20. I think the best thing about being pregnant would definitely have to be seeing just my belly grow and seeing, like, wow, there is, you know, something inside of me – Tia Mowry
21. Maternity is a glorious thing, since all mankind has been conceived, born, and nourished of women – Martin Luther
We do rock ladies… Let’s be honest!
22. I’m a full-time mom. I’ve never felt as prepared, as before maternity – Vera Farmiga
Maybe this is because of that nesting instinct?
There is a lot to prepare before having your first baby and being organised is hugely helpful when it comes to feeling in control and ready for baby’s arrival. If you are pregnant and starting to get ready for your baby then this post is for you. Don’t miss it…
23. I find a pregnant body to be beautiful and an incredible reminder of what a woman’s body is made to do – Kourtney Kardashian
I am not one to quote the Kardashians, but this quote really spoke to me. When your body is changing it can be a difficult thing to manage your feelings around, but this quote does really remind us to celebrate that change. The fact that we are able to grow a baby (or two at a time in my case lol!) is something to be amazed by. Our bodies are powerful and even if your butt gets bigger you are still awesome.
24. Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and show her that she is stronger than them – Unknown
25. Being pregnant means every day is another day closer to meeting the other love of my life – unknown
26. No matter how bad my day’s been, it takes one little kick to make everything feel alright – Unknown
This is so very true and once they are born it remains true – well not the kick part, but no matter how bad the day has been one smile or cuddle from your little one will make it all ok again. I quite often remark that it is lucky the kids are cute!
27. Being pregnant has all kinds of advantages. People keep telling you how beautiful you look. They do it over and over – Caterina Fake.
28. The common perception is that when a woman is pregnant, she is most beautiful and radiates the perfection of her beauty and power – Reena Kumarasingham.
29. Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person – Holly Madison
30. A new baby is like the beginning of all things: wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities – Eda J. LeShan
POSITIVE MOTHERHOOD QUOTES FOR WHEN PREGNANCY FEELS TOUGH
31. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without – Jodi Picoult
32. The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never – Rajneesh
This is both a plus and a minus ladies… The woman you become will be different than the woman before you were a mother, but word of advice don’t forget all about the woman you were without being mummy as she still matters to.
On that note this quote is super important:
33. Step one to preventing PPD is to find time to sleep after giving birth, no matter how euphoric you feel – ‘Ina May’s Guide To Childbirth’
34. In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves – Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
35. There is nothing like a newborn baby to renew your spirit – and to buttress your resolve to make the world a better place – Virginia Clinton Kelley
36. Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day – Taylor Hanson
37. A baby is born with a need to be loved – and never outgrows it – Frank A. Clark
38. A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin – Amy Tan
39. Being a mother is discovering strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you never knew existed – Sherene Simon
PREGNANCY QUOTES FOR DAD
Dads to be I know you get forgotten during pregnancy, but there is a reason for that… You don’t have to do the heavy lifting on this one. Still, I also know, from my husband, that this is an overwhelming time for expectant dads too especially first time round so here are some pregnancy quotes for dad. Many of these are original quotes and feel free to use them for socials etc… but please give us a credit.
40. Be nice to me my wife is pregnant – Unknown
41. Becoming a dad for the first time is a bit like leading a group through a maze with a blindfold on; you don’t know where you going or how to get there, but everyone is looking to you to find the way – Daniel Hall
42. Tread carefully for you tread near a pregnant woman – Kirsty Hall (@Navigating Baby)
43. In the pregnancy process I have come to realize how much of the burden is on the female partner. She’s got a construction zone going on in her belly – Al Roker
44. Dads to be; be supportive, be kind and most of all be patient. Growing a baby is a lot and so we need your help – Kirsty Hall (@Navigating Baby)
45. A word of warning… when a pregnant woman tells you she needs you to get the nursery ready she isn’t playing. She NEEDS this to happen – Kirsty Hall (@Navigating Baby)
46. A man is not complete until he has seen the baby he has made – Sammy Davis Junior
47. Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad. – Anne Geddes
48. A baby fills the place in your heart that you never knew was empty – unknown
49. Never is a man more of a man than when he is the father of a newborn.’ – Matthew McConaughey
50. Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father — Barack Obama
51. Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man – Frank Pittman
52. Nothing ever fits the palm so perfectly, or feels so right, or inspires so much protective instinct as the hand of a child – Gregory David Roberts
53. Fatherhood is the greatest thing that could ever happen. You can’t explain it until it happens; it’s like telling somebody what water feels like before they’ve ever swam in it.’ – Michael Bublé
GREAT PREGNANCY QUOTES FOR CONGRATULATIONS
Knowing what to say in a congratulations card is not always easy so we are helping you out with this section of quotes. You can use them as is or just for inspiration for your own words.
54. A new journey starts and this is going to be an exciting one! I am happy for you – Unknown
55. Pregnancy is a miracle and in just nine months you will meet your miracle. Congratulations, to you both – unknown
56. Wishing you a happy and safe pregnancy and a with a healthy and gorgeous baby. We wish you nothing but joy during such an amazing time of your life – Unknown
57. Motherhood: All love begins and ends there – Robert Browning
You could add to this something like – Welcome to the mummy club or you have so much love to give you will be amazing…
58. Love comes in all shapes and sizes. We can’t wait to see what your little love looks like. Congratulations on your pregnancy! – unknown
59. A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. Congratulations
60. Expecting a baby is just the beginning of expecting some of life’s most precious moments. Congratulations – Unknown
61. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Expecting your baby may be the first time you will wait for your child with excitement, but it certainly won’t be the last. Parenthood is a joyous ride! – unknown
62. A new life is breathing inside of you and nothing can be more exciting than this. Congratulations to you for expecting – Unknown
63. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings – Anne Christian Buchanan
Being pregnant and becoming a mother will surely stretch you and change you both physically and emotionally. It is the hardest and best thing I have ever done. My children are everything to me and make me laugh every single day. They also drive me absolutely crazy and test me so very much, but it is everything and it is love in its truest form so ladies all that heartburn will be so so worth it!
64. Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you – Maureen Hawkins, ‘Miracle Of Life’.
65. Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy – Tina Fey
FUNNY PREGNANCY QUOTES
Pregnancy is an amazing experience, but 9 months is a long time and it can be a hard old process. Your body changes, you get aches and pains and it can be tough so you might need a good giggle…
66. To pee or not to pee is never the question… – UNKNOWN
67. I was told there would be glowing… where is the glowing? – UNKNOWN
68. People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death- Jessica Simpson
69. Becoming a parent for the first time is a bit like going to IKEA; you know how you got there and why you went in, but getting to the checkouts is process and you can’t go backwards – Kirsty Hall (@navigatingbaby)
70. By far the most common craving of pregnant women is not to be pregnant – Phyllis Diller
True story… Some people love it and I must say I didn’t hate it in fact parts of my pregnancies were truly magical, but those last few weeks; that is another story and I definitely prayed for that baby to hurry up when I went overdue.
70. There are many things about pregnancy that are tough, but the fact that almost everyone wants to help you to do as little as possible is not one of them – Kirsty Hall (@navigatingbaby)
71. Being pregnant was the healthiest I’ve ever been in my life. Except for the cupcakes – Ashlee Simpson
72. Motherhood: The only place you can experience heaven and hell at the same time – Unknown
Ladies I won’t lie to you motherhood is a rollercoaster and you can experience highs and lows all at the same time. I will say that in my 10 years of being a mother no matter how bad a day has been there has always been something to make me laugh or remember just how lovely motherhood is.
73. Everybody leave me alone. I’ve had a busy day being pregnant and I have to do it again tomorrow – Unknown
74. Being pregnant has made me realize it takes talent not to pee yourself when you sneeze – Unknown
75. Yes, please whine to me about how tired you are today. Are you growing a human? I don’t think so. Now shut the hell up – unknown
76. Months have an average of 30 days, except the 9th month of pregnancy which has about 1,000 days. – Unknown
77. Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be – Carrie Fisher
78. Stop saying, ‘We’re pregnant.’ You’re not pregnant! Do you have to squeeze a watermelon-sized person out of your lady-hole? No. Are you crying alone in your car listening to a stupid Bette Midler song? No. When you wake up and throw up, is it because you’re nurturing a human life? No. It’s because you had too many shots of tequila -Mila Kunis
79. It’s a great thing about being pregnant, you don’t need excuses to pee or eat –Angelina Jolie
80. I have two brains in my body, but I’ve never been so dumb – Modern Family
81. Not a waddle. Just a pregnancy swag – Unknown
82. At eight months pregnant, one does not simply ‘roll over in bed – Unknown
83. My everyday meals include breakfast, brunch, lunch, pre-dinner, dinner, pre-dessert, dessert, dessert#2 and a post-dinner snack – Unknown
84. The only productive part of me today has been my bladder – Unknown
85. When people congratulate me, I like to say, ‘For what?’ and watch them panic – unknown
86. I’ve been to war. I’ve raised twins. If I had a choice, I would rather go to war -George W. Bush
I am a twin mum so needed to slip this one in as my last pregnancy quote of this collation. I am telling you it is a #truestory – if you are expecting twins don’t freak out it is also wonderful and do check out our whole section devoted to navigating raising twins.