So this is exciting and flattering. Navigating Baby has been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Sarah @mrsploves. I am extermely touched to be nominated for an award that is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring. To know that even one person would see me as any of those things is very humbling and thrilling. So thank you very much Sarah for the nomination. Mrs P Loves is a blog discussing family, finances and mental health. Her posts on dealing with anxiety and being persistent in overcoming it are so open and honest. I have found her to be really inspiring so I would definitely recommend having a read.
I have been set some questions to answer by Mrs P so that you, lovely readers, can find out a bit more about me so have a look below for my answers and then my 11 nominees and the questions I have created for them
Now onto the rules, my nominees, and their questions.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that they asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write 11 new questions for them.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post/blog.
- What makes you truly happy? – It sounds a bit trite, but honestly when my four children are happily playing together and laughing there is nothing on this earth that makes me happier. I am also a big fan of a cup of coffee in bed, with clean sheets and some absolute rubbish on the TV.
- What do you do when you are having a bad day to lift yourself back up? – If I am having a bad day I try to make time for a work out. Even if I don’t feel like it at the time I know it will make me feel better. I also find my blog a good outlet for a rant and a moan. I rarely publish these, but it lifts me back up to have released the pressure by writing it down.
- What are you most passionate about in life? – My biggest passion is making sure that my children become decent human beings who are well educated, kind and loving. I am honestly most passionate about my family and as long as they are happy and safe then that is enough for me.
- What do you do to relax? – I relax by writing, reading, watching rubbish on TV or just having a bath. These days even a trip to the loo without the company of a toddler seems like the ultimate in self indulgence and relaxation so I am fairly easy to please
- Who is your biggest inspiration? – My parents. They worked very hard so that my sister and I could have a great education and are still there for us every step of the way. They inspired me to feel like I could be whatever I wanted to be and I hope I can do the same for my children.
- What are your 3 main goals this year? – My girls will start nursery this September so my first goal is about finding out and establishing who I will be once I no longer have littles hanging out of ankles all day long. I am not good with change so I trying to prepare in advance and actively shape my new life. My second goal is to work out at least 4 times a week. This is not really a change from last year, but I really want to continue it so that I remain fit and healthy and can achieve a 15km run (12km is the max so far). The third goal comes back to the girls starting nursery and that is that I aim to clear out all the cupboards that I have been shoving stuff into for the past few years. Once the babies are not at home I must finally sort out the crap!
- Do you blog for business or pleasure? – Both. My blog is currently mostly about pleasure and is my relaxation and is in many ways cathartic, but I also hope to create a viable business out of it.
- What are your all time 3 favourite films? The Sound of Music, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Beaches (Don’t judge now!!)
- What are your 3 favourite books? – Nostromo, Light a Penny Candle and Berlin. I know you only asked for three, but I also loved Shannon Leone Fowler‘s recent book ‘Travelling with Ghosts: An intimate and inspiring journey it is beautiful.
- What is your favourite and most productive social media platform? – I think I like Twitter the best as it is the most interactive for me and has created opportunities for me to connect with other bloggers. Sitting in a room and writing can be a little lonely so it is great to be able to do linky activities and collaborate with others.
- If you could interview one living person who would it be and what would you ask? – I would like to interview Donald Trump’s PR advisor and ask them how they cope with the stress of him having access to Twitter. I mean surely that is the toughest job in the world?!
Questions for my Nominees
- What made you start your blog?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?</li
- What drives you to get out of bed in the morning?
- How do you create ‘me’ time and what do you do?
- What makes you feel content and fulfilled?
- If there was one thing that you have learnt so far in life that you wanted to tell the next generation what would it be?
- Where are your top three places to go on holiday?
- What is the best thing that happened to you today?
- Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?
- What constitutes a really good day for you?
- What do you like the best about having a blog?
Thank you again Sarah (@mrsploves) for the lovely nomination.
Cooking with Kids – @cookwithkids1
The Mum Affairs – @themumaffairs
The Empty Nest Mummy – @robinsomartina
The Dad Effect – @dad_effect
Rhyming Mum – @therhymingmum
Five in the Hive – @fiveinthehive5
Musings of a Tired Mum – @musingstiredmum
Daddy Poppins – @DaddyPoppinsBlg
Mother Almost Never Knows Best – @MumNeverKnows
Twin mummy and daddy – @Twinmumanddad
The Mummy Bubble – @TheMummyBubble