Yesterday, I was excitingly nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by the lovely Empty Nest Mummy and I am more than delighted to accept. I have been writing my blog for a number of years, but have only recently really given it any proper time and am loving the chance to write everyday so it was a thrill to receive a confirmation that others are enjoying it.
I was especially flattered to receive a nomination from the Empty Nest Mummy as she is so very funny and I love reading her blog. She is now a SAHM whose littles are at school each day and I am taking inspiration from her for my soon to be empty nest life. If you enjoy a blog with a very humorous take on family life along with some great recipes and ideas for activities and crafts you can do with the children then her site is most certainly worth a follow.
7 Things you might not know about me
Now on receiving a nomination for this award you are asked to share 7 things about yourself so readers can find out a bit about the person behind the blog so here goes. I am jolly boring really so apologies in advance….
- I am a creature of habit and enjoy the familiarity of the same. This means I often order the same food each time I go to a particular restaurant and like to holiday at the same place several times (see told you I was boring)
- I am a ball of anxiety and am afraid of everything including flying, anaesthetic and sometimes even the tube. I am also a stubborn and determined thing though so I constantly ignore my fear and get my big girl pants on
- That neatly brings me onto the fact that I lost 3 stone last year and so now don’t have such big girl pants. I did this through exercise and diet changes and am very proud of myself
- I love running and that is something I never thought I would say, but I do! It is a great chance for me to clear my head, think and be in my own company
- I love to write and find it hugely rewarding to have a creative outlet in the form of this blog. I have high hopes for my little blog, but even if no one ever reads it I get a personal benefit from writing it
- Since 2013 I have been a stay at home mum who had a successful HR career and thought this was super important to me, but something switched in my head the first time I looked at our first born. From there as soon as I could it was game over for me and the City of London
- I am shy and nervous of new situations and people. Those who know me won’t believe me as I am also loud and never stop talking. I think its called fake it till you make it!
Now for a lovely bit of receiving this nomination. According to the rules I now get to nominate 15 of the blogs that I love to read so here goes:
- Mummy Shorts
- Cigarettes and Calpol
- Coco mama Style
- That Mum blog
- Taming Twins
- Twin Mummy and Daddy
- Have Clothes Will Travel
- The Mummy Coach
- The Mummy Bubble Blog
- Mum Muddling Through
- This Mum Life
- Fashion Mum of 40
- The London Mummy
- Hurrah for Gin
Find out more about the Versatile Blogger Award at https://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/