It has been a tough couple of weeks since the children returned to school as one by one everyone has got the back to school lurgy so imagine my delight when Prestige Hampers sent me a hamper full of amazing goodies including chocolate, wine, biscuits, popcorn and crisps. Seriously what is not to like? The hamper was sent to me in return for an honest review and I have made the most of trying everything. I really needed a bit of self care this week and going to bed early with a glass of wine and some chocolate thins was just what the doctor ordered.
The Prestige Hampers are really intended to be gifts (although I highly recommend getting one just for yourself ;)). The hamper I was sent is from the luxury range of Christmas hampers and it definitely does feel like a luxury item. I know if I were sent these as a Christmas gift I would open it and see the hand made wicker basket and immediately think high end. The products inside were all well known and higher end brands and included: Yorkshire Crisps, Founders Stone Wine, Mackays Jams and Marmalades and Walkers Chocolates
I had a look on their website and there are some great gift ideas ranging from Cheese and Wine baskets to Fruit baskets, Ladies Indulgence Hampers to boxes of wine and even a gin box just to mention a few. There is something for everyone there in my opinion. I know that I could easily cover birthdays, new babies and Christmas all from within this site. They would also make a great present for someone just feeling a bit down. I know it cheered me up.
For Christmas there is a special range https://www.prestigehampers.co.uk/christmas-hampers which start from as little as £20 for a seasonal treat box. They even have advent calendars full of prosecco and wine now if that won’t perk up the crazy busy days in the lead up to Christmas I don’t know what will. I strongly recommend that my family members and friends shouldn’t look as they may see their Christmas gifts.
Opening my Prestige Hamper
I thought that the best way to tell you about what I thought of the hamper and to show you the products was to video the grand opening so check it out.
In case any of you don’t like a video I will also tell you about it. The things I loved about the Prestige Hamper were:
- the hamper itself – it is great quality
- the wine – I only drank the white, but husband said the red was good too
- the popcorn – wow!
- the chocolate and caramel thins – yummy
- the fruit cake – these are the husband’s favourite and a Christmas essential
- the simply cornish shortbread biscuits – melt in the mouth
Overall I really did think that this was a great product, but I do like to give honest reviews so there were just a couple of things I wasn’t so sure about:
- the violet cremes – I think these are too much like Marmite to be in a gift hamper. As it turns out the husband is a lover of these so he was still super happy, but I wouldn’t want to be sending these as a gift
- the box stuffing doesn’t look as high end as the rest of the hamper, but I am sure it is recyclable so I get it. It might just be nicer to have something a bit more colourful
Right now I am off to their website to get planning for Christmas and to choose a treat hamper for our wedding anniversary. Hope the husband didn’t read this!
This post is my day 2 of #Blogtober18