Next week we will celebrate 10 years of marriage. A ten years that has seen us move house, change jobs, get pets, have four children, spend a small fortune on updating our lovely wreck of a house and so much more. Our lives our unrecognizable from the ones we had before we got all dressed up and said I do…. I could spend time gushing about how he is a great dad and husband and makes me laugh everyday. These things are all true; in the most difficult times after the twins were born and no one had slept, through our daughter’s NICU stay and subsequent operations he was absolutely the glue that kept me together as I became increasingly unstuck. So, I could write a whole post about all those things, but instead I thought I would share the 9 most stupid things we have disagreed or squabbled about in the past ten years.
- Who is the most tired – this is a recurring argument and in case you are wondering IT IS ME!!!
- Why I have lost the car keys – again!
- Why he can’t remember anything – ever!
- Whose turn it is to get up with the baby
- Whose turn it is to make coffee
- Whether he cheated in our weekly running race
- Whose turn it is to go to the shop – it is his turn…. ALWAYS!!
- Why I never put things back in their place – because there are four kids hanging out of me screaming ‘MUMMY’
- Why he can’t fold the washing – you would have to ask him…
There have, I am sure been many others and of course over the years we have had some proper rows too, but (and this is what I think matters) we never disagree about the fundamentals of life. We agree on how we want to live, how we want our children to be raised, how we divide up the labour and that we want to do all of this together. So although there are ups and downs it is a ride that I wouldn’t want to be on with anyone else.