Kids affirmations for self love
As we continue to plough our way through the quagmire that is living through a pandemic I continue to become more and more focused on the concepts of self care and self love. And I have been using affirmations for self love to help keep me strong and positive during all the ups and downs that we have had to face, but what about the kids?
The effects of this on them are really unknown at this point, but I have already seen with my own children that their self confidence has taken a knock. I think all their resilience has been used up just dealing with the pandemic and now being at school and having to handle all the entirely normal aspects of growing up and interacting with peers is a lot for them to deal with.
So I have started using affirmations for self love with them too after all the journey to self love and positivity can be a long one so why not start young. I thought I would share them in case your kids could also use some extra positivity and self love right about now.
What are affirmations and why bother?
Affirmations are simple statements that when repeated and internalised can help you to shift negative thinking and change your outlook to be more positive. Speaking affirmations for self love can help an individual develop self esteem and an inner positivity that then frames their outlook on the world.
With the kids affirmations for self love I tend to say them to them and ask them to repeat after me. We do this in the morning before heading to school and I use different affirmations for different children depending on what I understand to be the issues they are facing.
I believe that doing this on a daily basis will support my children to develop a positive sense of self and to face the world each day feeling good. What is the saying ‘if you don’t love yourself how is anyone else going to love you?’
I have put together some of the affirmations for self love for kids that we use and that my children enjoy.
Kids Affirmations for Self Love
- I will be kind to myself today
- Everybody messes up sometimes
- Everyday I am learning and that is enough
- I shouldn’t be hard on myself
- My best is good enough
- I am human and we all make mistakes
- I can try new things and not worry if I make a mistake
- I am learning from my mistakes
- I will keep trying
- My struggles are opportunities
- I will not worry about yesterday; Today is a new opportunity
- I am growing wiser each day.
- I won’t always get everything right first time and that is ok; I will just try again and ask for help when I need it
- I can do it
- I try my best, and that is all I can do
- I am loved
- I deserve to be loved
- I deserve to have friends who care about me
- I accept all of me with love
- I deserve to be happy
- Today will be a good day
- My friends will be happy to see me
- Like everyone, I have both strengths and weaknesses
- No one is perfect
- I believe in myself
- I am enough
- I am perfectly unique
- I love who I am
- I am not afraid of my feelings
- I am exactly who I should be
- I am ok just the way I am
- I trust in myself
- I can deal with whatever comes my way
- I love me!
- I can achieve my goals
- If I find something difficult I will keep trying
- I can ask for help
- I am beautiful inside and out
- My body is amazing
- My brain is amazing
- I am strong and healthy
- I am confident
- My ideas are valid and worth sharing
- I accept me just the way I am
- I am proud of me
Self love is, in my opinion absolutely vital to having a healthy relationship with yourself and others. It is the key to being happy and I have become so focused on this recently that I have launched a new Instagram account and website all about just that – @just15forme and https://www.just15forme.co.uk in case you were wondering…